The European Center for Social Finance (ECSF, www.ecsocfin.com) is a research and advisory organization based at Munich Business School. All projects have a European focus and include topics such as alternative finance for social innovations, human rights, youth unemployment, the role of new technologies or technical assistance for social enterprise finance intermediaries.
We are looking for a researcher to support our team in the project “Stay-on: a community-based and driven project” financed by the EEA & Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment. In the EU, rural areas are affected by a higher share of youth not in education, employment or training. Thus, a higher proportion of the population faces the risk of social exclusion. The project’s ultimate objective is to create conditions that enable young people to “stay on” rural land by ensuring their access to opportunities, benefits, services and jobs.
What we offer:
- be part of a team with project partners based internationally in 7 countries
- travel abroad to the project workshops and conferences
- a fluid organizational culture
- get first-hand experiences in the social impact and rural development sectors
What we expect:
- set up a social impact management system for the project
- participate in quantitative/qualitative data collection and analysis
- prepare project reports and other publications within the framework of the project
- attend to the ECSF communication duties within the framework of the project
Who we are looking for:
- a student (enrolled in a formal education institution in Germany either at the end of a Bachelor’s degree or beginning of a Master’s degree)
- fluent in spoken and written English
- proven interest or experience in social impact management, rural development or related fields
- good knowledge of statistical analysis methods and open to learning how to collect and analyze qualitative data
How to apply:
This is a working student position that requires 15 flexible hours of work per week in Munich, Germany. We offer a one-year fixed-term contract from 01.09.2021 to 31.08.2022 with a potential extension until 31.01.2024 and a gross pay of 878 Euros/month.
Send an application/motivation letter with contact information and a curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org | Include “Project Researcher” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.